Tuesday 24 June 2008

Summer

Summer officially started on June 21 (Saturday), but the summer weather started on Thursday. I hate the heat and tend to hibernate when the weather gets too hot outside. There is an air-conditioner on the main level in our house, which does a good job of cooling me down.
Sophie has taken to having a shower in her underwear and then putting her clothes back over the top (or not) as she says that makes her feel fresh.
There are shutters on the front windows which can keep the sun out in the morning; and in the evening if we open the windows downstairs and the windows up the top of the house we get a good airflow through the house, even there is no such thing as a breeze.
The big family car is air-conditioned, but not the little VW (I don't think I've ever had a car without air-conditioning before), so I will take the big one when it is very hot. Although the air-conditioning works well in the front of the car the kids complain about it being hot in the back. I told them that when I was little air-conditioning wasn't invented and I didn't complain! Next time we go on a long trip I will take a bottle of water and some flannels for them to keep cool with...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Caro,
I think that summer officialy started on 21st of June!( no?)
Anyway...you seem to have nice weather, at least!
Have fun!
Mariedo

The Telfers at Warragal Park said...

Yes, I did make a mistake (21 March!) but I have corrected it now. The seasons in Australia change officially on the first day of the month, not with the solstice/equinox on the 21st of the month.