Monday 14 July 2008

French Copyright Laws

In France, it is forbidden to publish a photo of a person on the internet without having signed permission from the person - or in the case of a child, signed permission from both parents or legal guardians.
I'm not sure if it is OK to publish someone's picture if their face is blurred out and covered with a black circle, but that's what I did on the last post. Does anyone recognise him??

I have been searching the internet for information on French copyright laws, and in particular a model release in French (for use when photographing a person). And it seems the laws are quite different from in Australia, and perhaps not all that good for photographers. I'm going to need a model release for taking photos of people soon, in the village, but I'll tell you about that next time.

No comments: