Wednesday 28 May 2008

Bonne Fête Maman

Last Sunday was Mothers' Day in France. "Bonne Fête Maman" is what was written on the cards the kids gave me. Odette had told me she had been making something for me at maternelle (kindy) so the secret had been out for weeks that I was going to get something on the special day. When she got off the bus on Thursday I was told to be careful as the wrapped package was fragile. Hmm, I started wondering what it could be, and settled on a mosaic photo frame. So when I opened the present on Mothers' Day I was surprised to find it was a ceramic-framed mirror. And I was even more surprised when I saw my reflection!!

Mirror, mirror, on the wall...

The safety issues of glass and small children had seen that a plastic mirror was used. Which is fine if the plastic mirror is stuck on a flat surface. Anyway, at least for once I can really blame the mirror for my appearance...
And then when I am sick of my reflection I can sit down and have a nice drink of water out of the decorated water bottle that Bonnie gave me. Obviously 7-year-olds can be trusted with glass...

Bonnie and her decorated water bottle


No comments: