Wednesday 10 December 2008

Beaucoup de neige

Our first Bonhomme de neige in the back yard.

It snowed overnight and it has snowed all day. There is over five centimetres of snow on the ground and the snow is falling pretty heavily as I write. Odette and I had fun this morning building a bonhomme de neige (snowman) on the back lawn. Now we have a veritable family of snow people. It was so much fun we kept wanting to make another one.
Odette and I had a walk around the village before lunch and saw some other kids and their dog having fun in the snow.

Kids playing in the snow with their dog.

Snowball fights...

Odette in her (big) "combinaison de ski" which we bought at a jumble sale recently.

A council worker putting up Christmas decorations at the Mairie.

We are thinking of making a toboggan track in the paddock out the back. But we'd have to be careful to have a good stopping ramp because the hill is pretty steep.
Soon I will have to go out and pick up Sophie and Bonnie from the Christmas card-making workshop they have been to. I'll take my camera and get some more photos of the snow...

No comments: