Wednesday, 20 February 2008

Unforeseen Circumstances

Due to unforeseen circumstances we will not be flying out on Sunday. The start of our big adventure will need to be delayed once again.

This time it really is my fault.
I haven't mentioned it here before, because I wanted this blog to focus on our trip to France, but over the last couple of weeks I have had several medical appointments, including a mammogram (breast x-ray) and ultra-sound. Last week my GP referred me to a specialist breast surgeon in Perth. The culmination was today when I visited the specialist, and he booked me in to have an operation with general anaesthetic on Monday.

At the moment I am still shell-shocked, and none of this seems real. In my head I am trying to work out how we can still go ahead and catch our flight on Sunday.

Tomorrow I will have to contact the travel agent, and check out our travel insurance to see if we are covered for such an occurrence.

No comments: